This page may contain outdated information!
REGISTRATION AND ENROLMENT INFORMATION TO SPRING TERM OF 2022/2023
Thursday, 26 January 2023
We are pleased to welcome you to Budapest University of Technology and Economics (BME) for the spring term of the 2022/2023 academic year.
Our detailed information letter contains the most important issues related to the term registration and enrolment process at BME. If you have any questions about the content of the information letter, please contact us at the email@example.com address.
Login in to Neptun
Neptun is the system in which all the information concerning your studies and matters related are administered. The following link (after clicking the English flag) will take you to the (English version of) Neptun login site.
- First entry: (if you are a new student of BME):
- „Login name”: Neptun code which you received in the email „Letter of acceptance and information letter”
- „Password”: your initial password at first entry is NeYYYYMMDD of your birth date
- Important: After first entering the system, you will have to change it. Please remember your new password!
- First entry: (if you have been a student of BME before):
- The login name and the password aren’t changed, they are the same as before. (After entering Neptun, you can switch the training program at the upper left corner with the „Training” button.)
- If you received in the email „Letter of acceptance and information letter” a new Neptun code, please inform us through the E999 request.
Changing personal data
Before you make the enrolment of the training program, please check your personal data in the Neptun My data/Personal information and if necessary change it.
Here you can find the „Guide to changing personal data, addresses, passport number,etc.”
Important: Some of the personal data cannot be changed by the students. You can download and print the enrolment form with the current personal data in Neptun and your program coordinator will change it after the registration.
Entering in Neptun please go to Administration/Enrolment/Registration. You will see the terms in the system, click on the + next to the term you want to register for, then click on Register. Please choose the status which is mentioned as your option in your information letter (ACTIVE or PASSIVE or ACTIVE (International program) or ACTIVE (Guest student)), then click on Save. (You will receive a warning message about the subject registration, please click „YES”
IMPORTANT: The term registration for the spring term of the academic year 2022/23 is not valid until the enrolment authentication. Please don’t forget to make the enrolment process until 23th of February 2023.
For students of Faculty of Economic and Social Sciences: Registering for an active term in Neptun is only possible following successful completion of „700_BME GTK Work and Fire Safety Training” Neptun request under Administration/Requests/Available request forms.
You can authenticate your enrolment form with AVDH (Identification Based Document Authentication) service. This makes the process easy because you can manage your enrolment without printed forms.
The service can be used with „ÜGYFÉLKAPU/Client Gate” registration. According to Section 325 of Act CXXX of 2016 on the Code of Civil Procedure, with the AVDH service, a private deed of full probative value can be created. Witnesses’ signature is not required for the full probative value of the identified person’s AVDHcertified statement.
Any natural person can register, regardless of nationality. If the Client Gate registration is not initiated electronically, it can be done in person at any document office, government window, the tax authority’s priority customer services, or Hungarian embassies (registration bodies).
More information about the registration for the Client Gate: >>here<<
Enrolment step by step
- Check your personal data.
- If you haven’t done, please do the term registration for the current term.
- Download the enrolment form from Neptun Information/General forms and
- if you are a tuition fee paying student the Study Contract for Students from Neptun Information/General forms
- if you are a scholarship holder students, the Scholarship Agreement from Official notes in the Neptun.
>>Guide to the Identification Based Document Authentication (AVDH) service<<
Regardless of the method of enrolment (online or by personal attendance), the Scholarship Agreement has to be printed in two copies, sign both of them with a blue pen and bring them to the Central Academic Office during opening hours because the Tempus Foundation needs it with original signatures.
- Open the „100 Online enrolment” Neptun request. Mandatory documents to be attached:
- authenticated enrolment form
- for tuition fee paying student: authenticated Study Contract for Students
- scanned passport or identity card
- your school credential (secondary school diploma, BSc degree, etc.) all in original or notarized (and official English translation if the original document is NOT in English) - exception: part-time students
- your English language certificate (and official English translation if the original document is NOT in English) - exception: part-time students
- ONLY IF YOU DIDN’T AUTHENTICATE WITH AVDH: printed and authenticated enrolment form (and Study Contract for Students) in two copies
- if you are a scholarship holder student, the Scholarship Agreement in two copies
Please submit your „100 Online enrolment” request as soon as possible but not later than on 23rd of Ferbruary, 2023.
In-person registration in the CAO
If you didn’t submit your „100 Online enrolment” request before 23:59 CET 23rd of February 2023, you can make the enrolment process for a late fee (5500 HUF). In this case please follow the description of „Enrolment step by step” and your administrator will inflict the fee in the Neptun system at the decision of the request.
Deferment of enrolment
If you are not able to start your studies from the spring term of the academic year 2022/23, your student status may be established on the basis of the admission decision without a new admission procedure in the next admission period (deferment of enrolment). Based on the Code of Studies and Exams of BME this possibility is only available to foreign students.
Please submit the 004 Request for deferment for new students Neptun request for the deferment of enrolment between 14th of February and 31st of March 2023.
Registering for subjects
Subjects can be registered in Neptun at Subjects/Register for subjects, after you registered for the term as an active student. The period of pre-registration term will be open between 18:00 CET 7th of February and 23:59 CET 23rd of February 2023.
Please find the „Guide for REGISTERING FOR SUBJECTS in the NEPTUN”: >>here<<
Student status certificate
Student status certificates can be requested through the E027 Request for a certificate request, the certificate will be uploaded as an attachment to the request which the students can download.
Important: Student status certificate can be issued only after completion of registration and enrolment and from only 27th of February 2023.
Student ID card
Please find the information >>here<<
You have the right to accredit subjects completed at another university or other training program at BME. Please follow the description of the guide about the E024 Request for subject accreditation request: >>here<<
We wish you success in your university studies at BME!
BME Central Academic Office