This page may contain outdated information!
UPDATED BME CAO Newsletter on Closing the 2019/20/2 term and ONLINE opening the 2020/21/1 term
Friday, 17 July 2020
The newest updates concerning the 2020/21/1 term:
- BME will start the instruction on the English language programs in a hybrid form – those of you who are here, can start their studies in the ‘classical’ sense. Those, who will not arrive in time can start their semester ONLINE using the technologies used during the 2019/20/2 term. You will have to request the participation in the online instruction through a designated request – we will inform you about it later.
- For the preparation of the coming term, there will be a questionnaire, when it is published, please FILL IT OUT!
- There will be no in person registration, therefore submitting the registration request for tuition fee paying and first semester students – E100 or E200 – will be a hard prerequisite for registration! If you miss to submit the request until the 20th of September, you will be put on a passive term!
- Room no.1. of the CAO will not open, we will continue to issue digital documents, and have people on duty to serve you in the entrance hall.
- As soon as we know anything further, we will inform you!
3rd July 2020
BME CAO Newsletter on Closing the 2019/20/2 term and ONLINE opening of the 2020/21/1 term
Before the summer break, we would like to inform you about some tasks in the Neptun concerning the closing of the 2019/20/2 term and opening the 2020/21/1 term. As a cause of the COVID-19 pandemic all the dates have changed, and some regulations are suspended. Please read on!
The most important tasks and their dates:
Checking the marks received in the 2019/20/2 term, notifying the responsible Department in case of errors
14.07.2020 12:00 CET (date until which the Departments can enter grades in the Neptun)
Registering for the 2020/21/1 term
20.07.2020 6:00 CET - 06.09.2020 23:59 CET
Preliminary subject registration for the 2020/21/1 term
25.08.2020 19:00 CET – 28.08.2020 12:00 CET
Final subject registration for the 2020/21/1 term
31.08.2020 18:00 CET – 06.09.2020 23:59 CET
Opening of the ‘E018 Request to register for subjects / to drop subjects request’
31.08.2020 – 13.09.2020 23:59 CET
FOR A FEE 14.09.2020-20.09.2020 23:25 CET
Opening of the ‘E010 Tuition fee request’
20.07.2020 – 06.09.2020.
In this unpredictable global situation, it is very hard to state definite measures about how instruction and registration will occur (online registration in the Neptun will not change, only the dates will differ as a result of the past COVID-19 measures). We predict, know the following:
- BME is working on a strategy for starting instruction in the 2020/21/1 term. The changes locally and globally are unpredictable, so we ask for your patience. As soon as BME finalizes the strategy, YOU WILL BE INFORMED! So PLEASE, read the Newsletters, Neptun messages, BME websites, etc.!
- When you arrive from outside the EU and EEA member states (if you will be able to enter at all), you WILL MOST PROBABLY HAVE TO ENTER INTO A 2 WEEK QUARANTEEN before you go anywhere. This means, that at arrival, either at the airport or other border crosses, you will have to give a VALID address where you will spend the next 2 weeks in COMPLETE ISOLATION. You will need somebody, who has been here to bring you food etc., for your door will be sealed, and for 2 weeks you will not be able to go ANYWHERE!
- If you have been in Hungary for the past months, you will meet no restrictions, so please consider the above if you are planning to leave Hungary in the summer.
- Please inform yourself about the Government’s COVID-19 measures concerning your countries, and entering Hungary at the following websites:
1. Checking the Marks in the Neptun for the 2019/20/2 term:
- The Departments can enter grades into the Neptun until the 14th of July 2020 12:00 CET. You can check your marks in the Neptun under Studies/Gradebook. If you find any errors, missing grades, please contact the responsible Department. After 14th of July, you have to send in the E999 request to ‘correct’ your gradebook.
- If you had a ’second retake’ type exam – you can check it at Exams/ Exam details, Exam type: Retake subject to fee -, a fee will be imposed. If you did not attend the retake, to delete this fee, the CAO administrator needs an official department letter, stating the data of the student and the subject, and the fact that the student remained on the retake by the Department’s fault.
2. Registering for the 2020/21/1 term in the Neptun:
Time interval for registration: 20.07.2020. 6:00CET - 06.09.2020. 23:59 CET
- In Neptun by clicking in Administration then Enrolment/Registration the + sign in the line of the 2020/21/1 term and Register. In the opening window select Active or Passive, accordingly. Neptun will send you a message about the successful term registration.
- Please note that you can register for active term only if you do not have matured (due) liabilities.
- For tuition fee paying students, the Registration Form request,E100 Registration Form has to be submitted simultaneously with the online registration!
- If you wish to register for passive term please note the following:, you can have at most two consecutive passive terms, the number of your passive terms cannot exceed certain amount in your training program (4 in BSc and MSc and 6 in one-tier master (OTM) training program in Architecture), your Faculty Study Committee (FSC) - in extremely justified case - can extend your above upper limits by two passive terms if you submit an E003 request in Neptun. Due to COVID-19 and based on the 101/2020. (IV. 10.) 3. § (1) Government Decree, the 2019/2020/2 term will not be included in the ’3 consecutive passive terms’ evaluations.
2.1. If you do not register for the 2020/21/1 term in the Neptun:
On the first week of classes, the CAO will put you on a passive term.
If this is the third time you missed to register for either an active or passive term, your student status will be terminated.
3. Preliminary subject registration for the 2020/21/1 term
The preliminary period for enrolment for subjects is between 19:00 CET on 25th August and 12:00 CET on 28th August 2020.
To do your enrolment for subjects please choose Register for subject option under Subjects menu and do the settings in the following way:
Subject type: Subjects from curriculum
Subject group: All
Period start: blank
Period end: blank
Click on List subjects.
- If you wish to search for the name or code of a certain course please click on the magnifier (search icon) on the right top, choose Subject name or Subject code and type or copy the name or code of the course and click on Search.
- After finding the subject click Register in its row and the square at the course(s) in the new opening window (you have to take all types of courses like lecture, practice and laboratory if the subject has different types of courses) then click on Save.
- Always check the language of the course. It should be English (except for Hungarian language subjects).
- After choosing all your subjects please check your schedule. Under Studies menu choose Class schedule option and do the necessary settings (Classes, Normal, Weekly view, proper time interval) to see your schedule.
- You can check the chosen course's schedule info before registering it if you click on the subject's line on the gray square with + in it and choose Subject details.
- Please note that you can enroll for subjects only if in the 2020/21/1 term registration is done and active and you fulfilled all the prerequisites of the desired subjects.
- You can check the prerequisites in Neptun clicking Subjects/Subject registration setting the parameters according to your situation, clicking List subjects and the + sign at the subject in question and in the opening window under Tabular pre-requirement.
- Before the enrolment for an exam course please check if you have valid signature from the corresponding subject. It is valid during your complete studies at BME unless it is limited by the course requirements of the corresponding subject but cannot be fewer than 2 terms..
- If you wish to deregister from a subject please choose Subjects menu and click Registered subjects option under it. Choose the proper term (2020/21/1), click on List button then on the gray square with + in it at the subject you want to cancel, choose Deregister subject option and confirm your decision.
- If you miss to enroll for or drop a subject, please submit an E018 request in Neptun under Administration/Requests until 23:59 on 13th September. Please note that you can enroll for a subject late if the subject is not full between 14th – 20th September by submitting the E018 request, but please also note, that you have to pay 5.500.- HUF/course late fee in Neptun. After the 20th September enrolment for or dropping subjects is not possible.
- Please note that a subject can have several courses (like lecture, practice, lab) which should be registered together and the above fee should be paid per course.
- Repeated enrolment for subjects not passed in previous terms
- If you did not pass a subject for its first enrolment in a previous term and would like to enroll for it again then you have to pay 4.500.- HUF/course in Neptun. Please remember, that you will have to pay for the exam as well if it the 3rd, 4th etc.
3.1 Enrolment for subjects to improve the marks achieved in previous terms
If you passed a subject in a previous term and would like to enroll for it to improve the mark achieved please submit an E008 request in Neptun until 23:59 on 13th September. Please note that you can try to improve your mark in case of a given passed subject only once during your studies, and please be informed at your program coordinator about its details. If your request is accepted you have to pay 4.500.- HUF in Neptun in advance (meaning: you will not be enrolled for the subject until you register for and pay the above fee in Neptun).
If your request is accepted then the Faculty Study Committee (FSC) will inform CAO which issues a document and forward it to the department managing the subject. The subject will not be registered in Neptun again but the new mark will replace the old one. Please note that the new mark does not replace the already achieved one if it is not better than the old one and the already collected credits cannot be lost.
4. Determining academic achievement, scholarship statuses and dismissal:
The CAO will execute the closing and averaging of the term on the 14th of July. Based on this the central dismissals will be executed.
Scholarship status: Following to the COVID-19 measures, the 18/36 credit rule will not be implemented in the 2019/20/2 term for scholarship holder students.
A student will be dismissed for the following academic reasons:
- if he/she is not able to collect all the credits necessary for graduation in his/her training program during twice as much time as the nominal duration of the program or in case of transfer students until the deadline given by the Faculty Study Committee (FSC) or
- if in the same program in case of the same subject after 1st of September, 2012 he/she has at least six unsuccessful exams or
- if in the same program in case of the same subject after 1st of September, 2015 he/she is unable to collect the credits of the subject after six subject registration or
- if in a BSc or one-tier master (OTM) training program started later than 1st October, 2015 after the fourth active term the cumulative credit index (CCI) is below 2.25, or
- if in an MSc training program started later than 1st October, 2015 after the second active term the cumulative credit index (CCI) is below 2.5, or
- if in a training program started later than 1st October, 2015 he/she has been unable to collect at least 20 credits during the last 3 active terms.
- the student will be informed about his/her dismissal according to academic reasons in a declaration by email to his/her email address in Neptun. In case of terminating student status the liabilities should be paid and the transcript can be retained until their total payment.
A student can be dismissed according to his/her own request by submitting an E032 request in Neptun. The student status will be terminated on the day of the submission of the request. The student is informed about the termination of his/her student status in a declaration by email to his/her email address in Neptun. In case of terminating student status the liabilities should be paid and the transcript can be retained until their total payment.
5. Student ID
The sticker on your student ID issued for the 2019/20/1 term is valid for 180 days after the end of the State of Emergency (17th June, 2020 + 180 days), and the stickers for the 209/20/2 term will be valid until 31st October 2020. Temporary student IDs are valid for the same time period with a digital signature, and can be requested by submitting the ‘E066 Request for temporary student certificate’ request.
6. Services during summer holiday
Office hours of Central Academic Office (CAO) during summer holiday between 13th July and 19th August: Wednesdays between 9:00 and 12:00 CET in the main hall of building R. Please note, that the corridor on the ground floor is CLOSED for students!
Wishing you successful exams, term registration, enrolment for subjects and submission of the registration requests in Neptun a nice summer holiday:
BME CAO Office of International Education