BME homepage | Phonebook |Sitemap | HU | EN
Tuesday, 27 July 2021   ·     ·   Opening hours today: 08:00–12:00
Stay up to date!
App for students
Neptun operating time

00:00 – 04:00 operation

04:00 – 06:00 outage

06:00 – 24:00 operation

For extreme differences see the News.

Health Insurance Information

As a foreign citizen (if not from an EU country, or a scholarship holder), you need to have a valid health insurance for  receiving a residence permit.

You need a special, NOT travel insurance that covers not only emergency procedures, but medication, follow up treatment or care of possible chronic health problems for at least one term.

If you wish to buy an insurance at home, please make sure it covers the minimum service expressed in the Health Insurance Handout for Studium Package of Generali Insurance Co. 

Please note, that if your insurance is not adequate, you will not be able to start your residence permit application!

We provide an opportunity to all students at the beginning of each term to purchase a Studium Package of Generali Insurance Co. If you decide on the Generali Insurance, you have to (Changes due to the Covid-19 pandemic are in RED letters!):

  1. Download the Generali Studium health insurance payment slip.

  2. Fill out the slip and print it.

  3. Find a bank (Raiffeisen bank) in the list on the slip and pay the 35 000 HUF there, in person.

  4. Scan or photograph the proof of payment (receipt) you get from the bank and send it to the e-mail address.

  5. When you receive a message from Ágnes Varga, that your insurance is ready, you can come and pick it up at the CAO during opening hours.

During the first weeks of the term, a representative of Generali Insurance Co. will be at the CAO (building R ground floor 1) every Tuesday and Thursday during the CAO opening hours (12:00-15:30) to sign the contracts and finalize the insurance. You will have to draw a number from the call system for Health Insurance Management.