Health Insurance Information
As a foreign citizen (if not from an EU country, or a scholarship holder), you need to have a valid health insurance for registering to the university and for receiving a residence permit.
You need a special, NOT travel insurance that covers not only emergency procedures, but medication, follow up treatment or care of possible chronic health problems for at least one term.
If you wish to buy an insurance at home, please make sure it covers the minimum service expressed in the Health Insurance Handout for Studium Package of Generali Insurance Co., found below. For registration you have to:
- Scan the original insurance contract and attach this electronic document to your E100 Registration Form request in the Neptun system.
- Bring the original contract to your in-person registration.
Please note, that if your insurance is not adequate, you will not be able to register, and you will not be able to start your residence permit application!
We provide an opportunity to all students at the beginning of each term to purchase a Studium Package of Generali Insurance Co. If you decide on the Generali Insurance, you have to:
- Download the Generali Studium health insurance payment slip from the link below.
- Fill out the slip and print it.
- Find a bank (Raiffeisen bank) in the list on the slip and pay the 35 000 HUF there, in person.
- Scan or photograph the proof of payment (receipt) you get from the bank and attach this electronic document to your E100 Registration Form request in the Neptun system.
- Present the original receipt during your in-person registration.
During the first weeks of the term, a representative of Generali Insurance Co. will be at the CAO (building R ground floor 1) every Tuesday and Thursday during the CAO opening hours (12:00-15:30) to sign the contracts and finalize the insurance. You will have to draw a number from the call system for Health Insurance Management.