for AUTUMN term: 15th May
for SPRING term: 30th November
Late applications are NOT accepted!
Non-EU students: 3200€/term + 100€ registration fee
EU students: 2250€/term + 100€ registration fee
Nomination (except for free movers) sent by your home institution's coordinator VIA EMAIL (email@example.com) should reach us before you start application procedure!
Only online applications can be processed. All applications sent via email or via regular mail will be rejected.
Online application will be available from 1st November.
Guide to online application. Please read it carefully before sending an email!
1. Copy of your valid passport (or national ID for EU citizens)
2. Transcript of academic records (official list of your courses and grades taken in your home institution) from sending institution. Only English version is accepted.
3. Letter of declaration (if applicable): please see Thesis/Project/Research below
4. Proof of Language Proficiency (only if your mother tongue is not English) - any certificate proving at least B2 level in CEFR is accepted (please upload it your online application)
List of BME codes to fill in online application:
Colorado School of Mines: CSM
Stevens Institute of Technology: STEVENS
University of Minnesota: MINNESOTA
University of Wisconsin-Madison: WISC
free movers: FREEMOVER
If you cannot find the code of your university here just use its official abbreviation.
Students submitting (and finalizing!) their applications
- by 17th November will receive their letters of acceptance by 6th December.
- by 30th November will receive their letters of acceptance by 13th December.
Online subject registration
Subject registration periods (courses/subjects can be chosen only from the Course Offer!!!):
1st period: 14th December - 5th January
Students who apply for thesis project, research or any other project work have to find a supervisor for their project before their arrival and have their supervisor's written declaration. If no such written approval is acquired by the students from a supervisor prior to their arrival, there is no possibility to do it during mobility. Thesis/research/final projects have to be agreed upon always prior to arrival only, i.e. in the written declaration of a relevant supervisor to be attached to the online application. To make the necessary prior arrangements please contact the relevant faculty coordinator.
Faculties and departments of BME
We can only assist the incoming students in finding accommodation. Private accommodation (rented room/apartment) are available for 300-400€+utilities/month depending on location and comfort. ESN BME (ERASMUS Student Network, esn.bme.hu) runs a temporary office assisting students with finding and arranging accommodation at the beginning of the semesters.