Welcome to the International and Scientific Section!
The Budapest University of Technology and Economics (BME), founded in 1782, is one of the largest higher educational institutions in engineering in Central Europe. Our present activity is based not only on our responsiveness to the needs of a continuously changing world, but also more than 230 years of experience and tradition that provides a guaranteed basis for high-quality studies. This has earned the university an international reputation, attracting students and also professors from all over the world.
Why study at BME?
- Outstanding quality of education: we have four Nobel Prize winners, dozens of famous scientists
- International University: we have more than 1000 foreign students each year and foreign professors from all over the world
- Innovative, research institution: we are the most innovative university in Hungary (according to the amount of R+D and the number of publications)
- Exciting programs, vibrant city life: the university is located in the heart of Budapest, in an exciting city where something always happens.
- Sport life: we have new sport centres and dozens of famous Olympic medallists
- Beautiful Campus: the Campus is a city in itself: with beautiful buildings and large parks, it’s a pleasant place all year round.