This page may contain outdated information!
Rector’s circular No. 1/2020. (2020. VII. 22.) regarding the Fall Semester of academic year 2020/2021.
Tuesday, 4 August 2020
By the authorization granted in the decree no. 41. item 5 of Organizational and Operational Regulations of Budapest University of Technology and Economics, in accordance with the regulation of my scope of duties included in decree no. 13, Act CCIV of 2011 on National Higher Education, in order to reduce COVID epidemic hazard and to protect students’ health, pursuant to the general measures and written instructions from the Ministry of Innovation and Technology, I hereby publish the following circular.
- Starting time of classes
In order to reduce crowds on public transportation in morning rush-hours
- classes cannot start before 8:15 a.m.; and
- double (or triple or longer) classes starting at 8:15 a.m. according to schedule, have to start at 8:30 a.m., and, by eliminating at least one in-class break, must finish on time according to the schedule.
- General preventive measures
1. Face masks – or mask-like substitutes (scarves, shawls) – are mandatory within enclosed spaces of the university, especially during classes.
2. Physical distancing of one and a half meters is to be kept in between people wherever physically possible.
3. Persons showing COVID infection related symptoms must not enter university premises.
III. Measures concerning the organization of academic work
1. Until further notice, study activities in the Fall Semester of academic year 2020/2021 will resume to personal attendance with the exceptions stated in paragraphs 2-4.
2. Any university citizen (instructors, students) belonging to high risk group, or living in a household with a person belonging to high risk group, must be granted with the opportunity – based on their request – to complete their tasks in the distance education work order. Consideration of requests are adjudicated by the Dean of the Faculty or by the Faculty Study Committees in case of instructors or students, respectively.
3. In duly justified cases, with the special permission of the Dean, the Faculty might organize some courses in distance education work order only.
4. In case of lectures, personal attendance cannot be compulsory, prescribed personal attendance requirement cannot be applied.
5. Study materials for all courses must be continuously updated and uploaded to information systems available for all students (e.g. Moodle, MS Teams), in order to be able to transfer to distance education work order at any point if necessary.
IV. Special regulations concerning international students and programs in foreign (English) language
- For international students, who are able to attend in person and are staying in Hungary, in-person study activities are organized under the same regulations applying as to students in Hungarian programmes.
- International students with active student status, who cannot attend study activities in person, must be given the opportunity of distance education in such a format, that enables them to join in-person education smoothly, once it is possible. In case of international students participating in distance education, time difference between their country of residence and Hungary shall be considered, and thus such students cannot be required to join real-time online classes.
- Student participating in distance education work order must join to study activities in person at the earliest time his/her circumstances allow (as soon as possible).
Budapest, July 22, 2020.
Prof. Dr. János Józsa