for AUTUMN term: 15th May
for SPRING term: 30th November
Late applications are NOT accepted!
Nomination sent by your home institution's Erasmus coordinator VIA EMAIL (email@example.com) should reach us before you start application procedure!
Only online applications can be processed. All applications sent via email or via regular mail will be rejected.
Online application is available from 1st November.
Guide to online application. Please read it carefully before sending an email!
Application documents to upload to the online application:
1. Copy of your valid passport or national ID (acceptable for only EU citizens!)
2. Transcript of academic records (official list of your courses and grades taken in your home institution) from sending institution. Only English version is accepted.
3. Proof of Language Qualification: the requirement is B2 or higher in English according to CEFR. There is no need to attach any additional certificate, but your home coordinator has to confirm the required level by signing your learning agreement at BEFORE THE MOBILITY section, at Language competence part.
4. Letter of declaration (if applicable): please see Thesis/Project/Research below
After filling in and finalizing the above online application, students submitting it
- by 17th November will receive their letters of acceptance and information letters by 29th November.
- by 30th November will receive their letters of acceptance and information letters by 13th December.
Your letter of acceptance will include your code which shall be used in your online subject registration process.
Online subject registration
Please note that you can do your 'Before the Mobility' type subject registration online only (by using your code given in your letter of acceptance).
1st period of subject registration (courses/subjects can be chosen only from the Course Offer!!!):
14th December - 5th January.
Your learning agreement will be issued by BME including the registered courses approved by the relevant faculty of BME. Your courses registered but not approved by BME will not appear in your learning agreement! Your learning agreement issued and signed by BME will be available by 16th January at the latest. This learning agreement shall then be signed by you and your home coordinator and uploaded to BME database if approved by the sending institution, too.
So please do not try to upload your learning agreement to your online application since it will be issued and signed by BME.
List of BME codes to fill in online application:
1. in case of ERASMUS+ programme: your university's ERASMUS code (eg. B BRUSSEL01)
2. in case of other exchange programmes:
- Dankook University: DKU
- Hokkaido University: HOKKAIDO
- Inha University: INHA
- Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology: KAIST
- Kumoh National Institute of Technology: KIT
- Kyungpook National University: KNU
- National Taipei University of Technology: TAIPEITECH
- National University of Singapore: NUS
- Ulsan University: ULSAN
- University of Technology, Sydney: UTS
- University of Sao Paolo: USP
- Universidad de Monterrey: UDEM
- Vanderbilt University: VANDERBILT
- Waseda University: WASEDA
Students who apply for thesis project, research or any other project work have to find a supervisor for their project before their arrival and have their supervisor's written declaration. If no such written approval is acquired by the students from a supervisor prior to their arrival, there is no possibility to do it during mobility. Thesis/research/final projects have to be agreed upon always prior to arrival only, i.e. in the written declaration of a relevant supervisor to be attached to the online application. To make the necessary prior arrangements please contact the relevant faculty coordinator.
We can only assist the incoming students in finding accommodation. Private accommodation (rented room/apartment) are available for 300-400€+utilities/month depending on location and comfort. ESN BME (ERASMUS Student Network, esn.bme.hu) runs a temporary office assisting students with finding and arranging accommodation at the beginning of the terms.